Materials & Care
• Newport Cottages crafts each piece from select hardwoods. We never use particle board, MDF or other synthetics that may have high levels of formaldehyde.
• All wood expands and contracts as the amount of moisture in the surronding atmosphere changes. This may create hairline cracks along the joinery and seams.This is normal and is not a structural defect, but a natural aging process.
• Every few months, or as needed, polish your furniture with a quality furniture polish.
• Avoid placing furniture near heat outlets or in direct sunlight.
• While our finishes are durable and resistant to years of normal use, hazards such as hot dishes, water spills, and foreign chemicals cause damage.
• When moving furniture, always lift the entire piece from the floor. Never push, pull, or drag your furniture as this may result in damage.
• It is strongly recommended to brace or anchor any tall or top-heavy pieces to a wall for stability.
• Never open all drawers on a dresser simultaneously.